Last Updated: April 24, 2023
Our processing of personal information, such as your name, address, e-mail address, or telephone number, will be undertaken consistent with the requirements of applicable privacy laws.
2. Information We Collect
2.1 Personal Information We Collect Directly from You
We receive personal information as described to you at the point of collection, pursuant to your consent, and/or when you voluntarily provide us with personal information, including:
(1) individual information (such as your e-mail address and phone number);
(2) company information (such as your company’s address); and
(3) other identifying information that you voluntarily choose to provide to us, including without limitation unique identifiers such as passwords, and personal information in messages you send to us.
As part of our efforts to keep our employees and customers safe during the COVID-19 pandemic, we may also collect certain medical information from our customers, including some or all of the following: experiences with symptoms consistent with COVID-19 and bodily temperature readings and/or thermal scans. This medical information will be collected by MMI employees, will be kept confidential and will not be disclosed in any way that identifies you unless we are otherwise required to disclose the information based upon applicable U.S. State or Federal laws. While we understand the sensitive nature of this information, refusal to provide such information may result in our denial of services to you and/or other restrictions being placed upon your account. We appreciate your understanding.
We may also collect additional information, which may be personal information, as otherwise described to you at the point of collection or pursuant to your consent.
2.2 Information We Automatically Collect When You Use Our Site
In order to access and use certain areas or features of the MMI Services, you consent to our collection and use of certain information about your use of the MMI Services through the use of tracking technologies or by other passive means. Your consent to our access and use of this “passively collected” information includes, but is not limited to, the domain name of the website that allowed you to navigate to the MMI Services, search engines used, the internet protocol (IP) address used, the length of time spent on the MMI Services, the pages you looked at on the MMI Services, other webpages you visited before and after visiting the MMI Services, the type of device and/or internet browser you have, the frequency of your visits to the MMI Services, and other relevant statistics (collectively “Traffic Data”).
3. How We Collect Information
We collect information (including personal information and Traffic Data) when you use and interact with the MMI Services, and in some cases from third party sources. Such means of collection include:
- When you access, use, or contact us through the MMI Services, including information you provide when purchasing our services.
- When you voluntarily provide information through the MMI Services, such as when you post information on MMI websites.
- If you use a location-enabled browser, we may receive information about your location and device.
- When you provide consent to allow through Cookies, Web Beacons, analytics services, and other tracking technologies (collectively, “Tracking Tools”).
- Through other sources, such as service providers, third party services and joint marketing partners.
4. Tracking Tools, Behavioral Advertising, and Opt Out Options
4.1. Tracking Tools
We may use tools outlined below in order to provide the MMI Services, advertise to, and better understand users.
- Absolutely necessary Cookies. These Cookies are essential to enable you to move around a website and use its features. Without these Cookies, services you have asked for, like adding items to an online order, cannot be provided.
- Performance Cookies. These Cookies collect information about how you use the MMI Services. Information collected includes, the Internet browsers and operating systems used, the domain name of the website previously visited, the number of visits, average duration of visit, and pages viewed. These Cookies do not collect information that personally identifies you and only collect aggregated and anonymous information. Performance Cookies are used to improve the user-friendliness of a website and enhance your experience.
- Functionality Cookies. These Cookies allow the MMI Services to remember choices you make (such as your username, language preference, or the area or region you are in) and provide enhanced, more personal features. These Cookies can also be used to remember changes you have made to text size, fonts, and other customizable parts of the MMI Services. The information these Cookies collect may be anonymized, and they cannot track your browsing activity on other websites.
- Web Beacons: “Web Beacons” (a.k.a. clear GIFs or pixel tags) are tiny graphic image files embedded in a web page or email that may be used to collect information about the use of the MMI Services. The information collected by Web Beacons allows us to analyze how many people are using the MMI Services, using selected publishers’ websites, or opening emails, and for what purpose.
- Web Service Analytics: We may use third-party analytics services in connection with the MMI Services, including, for example, to register mouse clicks, mouse movements, scrolling activity and text typed into the MMI Services. We use the information collected from these services to help make the MMI Services easier to use and as otherwise set forth in Section 5 (How We Use Your Information). These analytics services generally do not collect personal information unless you voluntarily provide it.
- MMI Services uses Google Analytics, a web analysis service of Google. Google Analytics employs cookies that are stored to your computer to facilitate an analysis of your use of the MMI Services. These cookies provide Google Analytics with the time, place, and frequency of your visits to the MMI Services. MMI Services does not use this technology for purposes of targeted advertising.
- Mobile Device Identifiers: As with other Tracking Tools, mobile device identifiers help MMI learn more about our users’ demographics and Internet behaviors in order to personalize and improve the MMI Services. Mobile device identifiers are data stored on mobile devices that may track activities occurring on and through it, as well as the applications installed on it. Mobile device identifiers enable collection of personal information (such as media access control, address, and location) and Traffic Data.
4.2. Behavioral Advertising
We may use a type of advertising commonly known as interest-based or online behavioral advertising. This means that some of our partners use Tracking Tools to collect information about a user’s online activities to display MMI ads to the user based on the user’s interests (“Behavioral Advertising”). Our partners may include third-party advertisers and other third-party service providers, and such partners may collect information when you use the MMI Services, such as IP address, mobile device ID, operating system, and demographic information. These Tracking Tools help MMI learn more about our users’ demographics and Internet behaviors.
4.3. Options for Opting out of Cookies and Mobile Device Identifiers
You may be able to reject Cookies and/or mobile device identifiers by activating the appropriate setting on your browser or device. Although you are not required to accept MMI’s Cookies or mobile device identifiers, if you block or reject them, you may not have access to all features available through the MMI Services.
- You may opt out of receiving certain Cookies by visiting the Network Advertising Initiative (NAI) opt out page or the Digital Advertising Alliance (DAA) opt out page, or by installing the DAA’s AppChoice app (for iOS; for Android) on your mobile device. When you use these opt-out features, an “opt-out” Cookie will be placed on your device indicating that you do not want to receive interest-based advertising from NAI or DAA member companies. If you delete Cookies on your device, you may need to opt out again. For information about how to opt out of interest-based advertising on mobile devices, please visit http://www.applicationprivacy.org/expressing-your-behavioral-advertising-choices-on-a-mobile-device. You will need to opt out of each browser and device for which you desire to apply these opt-out features.
- Even after opting out of Behavioral Advertising, you may still see MMI advertisements that are not interest-based (i.e., not targeted toward you). Also, opting out does not mean that MMI is no longer using Tracking Tools. MMI still may collect information about your use of the MMI Services even after you have opted out of Behavioral Advertising and may still serve advertisements to you via the MMI Services based on information it collects through the MMI Services.
5. How We Use Your Information
We may use, sell or share information (including information that has been de-identified and/or aggregated) to better understand who uses the MMI Services and how we can deliver a better user experience. We use information, including personal information, to provide the MMI Services and to help improve the MMI Services, to develop new services, and to advertise our services. Specifically, such use may include:
- Providing you with the products, services, and information you request.
- To fulfill any financial related obligations as provided under our services, including to cash your checks, extend you credit, process credit card, ACH and/or other financial transactions.
- To improve MMI Services, including the MMI locations, MMI websites, and MMI mobile apps.
- Corresponding with you.
- Providing, maintaining, administering, or expanding the MMI Services, performing business analyses, and for other internal purposes.
- Conduct internal market research.
- Create a more accurate and complete customer profile for you to better understand and predict the products and services you want to use and to provide a more personalized level of service;
- Notify you about promotions and special offers regarding products and services provided by us or our affiliates or other associated third parties, including our Joint Marketing Partners;
- Showing you advertisements, including interest-based or online behavioral advertising.
- Fulfilling our legal obligations, such as preventing, detecting, and investigating security incidents, fraud, and potentially illegal or prohibited activities.
- Provide a healthy, secure, and safe environment for our customers or employees;
- Protect and defend our rights or property or enforce our agreements with you;
- Administer general recordkeeping for financial statements and audits;
- Comply with our internal records management policy and retention rules; and
- otherwise with your consent or as permitted or required by law.
By providing your e-mail and/or phone number and checking a box, clicking the “complete” button, or some other affirmative act, you are consenting to receive e-mails and/or calls and text messages, including live, prerecorded, and/or automated calls and messages, to that email or phone number. After signing up, you will receive a confirmation e-mail or text message from MMI on your mobile number. This agreement is not entered into as a term or requirement of any purchase or promotion. Normal message and data rates may apply. Message frequency may vary. Neither we nor the participating carriers guarantee that messages will be delivered. We may discontinue these programs at any time without notice.
6. How We Share Your Information
In certain circumstances, and in order to perform the MMI Services, we may share certain information about you as described in this section:
- Although we do not sell your personal information in the traditional sense, the definition of “sale” under the California law is very broad and may cover many common business activities not otherwise considered selling information for money, such as sharing certain technical information with third party data analytics. Specifically, MMI Services uses Google Analytics to facilitate site functionality. As part of its use, Google Analytics processes Cookies based on Your use of MMI Services. You may have a right to opt-out of this sharing and Section 4.3 provides You with instructions to use available opt-out mechanisms.
- We may share your personal information and/or Traffic Data with our partners who perform operational services for us (such as hosting, billing, fulfillment, data storage, security, insurance verification, web service analytics, or ad serving).
- We may share your personal information and/or Traffic Data with our partners to analyze device activities and generate targeted advertisements.
- We may transfer your personal information to another company in connection with a proposed merger, sale, acquisition or other change of ownership or control by or of MMI (whether in whole or in part). We will make reasonable efforts to notify you before your information becomes subject to different privacy practices.
7. Collection and Use of Sensitive Information
We have collected the following categories of sensitive personal information from consumers within the last twelve months:
- Government identifiers
- Complete account credentials
- Mail, email, or text message contents
We do not use or disclose sensitive personal information for purposes other than those specified in the CCPA/CPRA and we do not use this information to draw inferences about consumers.
We maintain physical, electronic and organizational safeguards that reasonably and appropriately protect against the loss, misuse and alteration of the information under our control. With regard to information that you transfer to us through one of the MMI websites or MMI mobile apps, please be aware that no data transmission over the Internet or a wireless network can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. As a result, MMI cannot guarantee or warrant the security of any information you transmit on or through the MMI websites or MMI mobile apps and you do so at your own risk.
9. Your Choices
9.1 Information You Provide
You can choose whether or not to provide personal information through the MMI Services. We will not discriminate against you for exercising any of your rights relating to your personal information and will not (i) deny you goods or services, (ii) provide you with a different level or quality of services, or (iii) charge you different prices for services for doing so.
9.2 California Privacy Rights
In the preceding 12 months, we collected and disclosed for a business purpose the following categories of personal information about California consumers:
|Category||Examples||Collected?||Categories of Recipients|
|Identifiers||Name, address, e-mail address, IP address||Yes||i.e., Organizations providing services to MMI; governmental bodies (for example, in response to subpoenas, pursuant to regulator requests or pursuant to state health or other regulatory requirements)|
|Personal information categories listed in the California Customer Records statute||Name, professional-related information; and employment-related information||Yes||i.e., Organizations providing services to MMI|
|Protected classification characteristics under California or federal law||Name, age, citizenship, nationality, ancestry, religion or creed, marital status, medical condition, physical or mental disability, sex (including gender, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy or childbirth and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, veteran or military status, proof of eligibility to work||Yes||i.e., Organizations providing services to MMI; governmental bodies (for example, in response to subpoenas, pursuant to regulator requests or pursuant to state health or other regulatory requirements)|
|Commercial information||Records of personal property, products or services purchased, obtained, or considered, or other purchasing or consuming histories or tendencies.||Yes||i.e., Organizations providing services to MMI; governmental bodies (for example, in response to subpoenas, pursuant to regulator requests or pursuant to state health or other regulatory requirements)|
|Internet or other similar network activity||Browsing history, search history, information on a consumer’s interaction with the MMI Services||Yes||i.e., Organizations providing services to MMI|
|Geolocation data||Location and movement data||Yes||i.e., Organizations providing services to MMI|
|Professional or employment-related information||Proof of eligibility to work, resumé, other professional-related information and employment-related information||Yes||None|
|Biometric information||Genetic, physiological, behavioral, and biological characteristics, or activity patterns used to extract a template or other identifier or identifying information, such as, fingerprints, faceprints, and voiceprints, iris or retina scans, keystroke, gait, or other physical patterns, and sleep, health, or exercise data.||No|
|Non-Public Education Information||Education records directly related to a student maintained by an educational institution or party acting on its behalf, such as grades, transcripts, class lists, student schedules, student identification codes, student financial information, or student disciplinary records||No|
|Inferences from the foregoing||Profile reflecting a person’s preferences, characteristics, psychological trends, predispositions, behavior, attitudes, intelligence, abilities, and aptitudes.||Yes||i.e., Organizations providing services to MMI; digital advertising providers|
- Legal compliance and auditing related to our interactions with you.
- Detecting security incidents, protecting against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity, and exercising our related rights.
- Performing and improving out services (by us or our service provider(s)).
- Internal operations.
- Other one-time or short-term uses.
Sales or Sharing of Personal Information
In the preceding twelve (12) months, we have not sold or shared for cross-contextual behavioral advertising the above g categories of information.
We disclose your personal information for a business purpose to the following categories of third parties:
- Our affiliates
- Service providers
- Third parties to whom you or your agents authorize us to disclose your personal information in connection with products or services we provide to you
- Third parties for advertising purposes
Except as otherwise permitted or required by applicable law or regulation, we will only retain your personal data for as long as necessary to fulfill the purposes we collected it for, as required to satisfy any legal, accounting, or reporting obligations, or as necessary to resolve disputes. To determine the appropriate retention period for personal data, we consider our statutory obligations, the amount, nature, and sensitivity of the personal data, the potential risk of harm from unauthorized use or disclosure of your personal data, the purposes we process your personal data for, and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means.
Under some circumstances we may anonymize your personal data so that it can no longer be associated with you. We reserve the right to use such anonymous and de-identified data for any legitimate business purpose without further notice to you or your consent.
Your Rights and Choices
The CCPA/CPRA provides consumers (California residents) with specific rights regarding their personal information. This section describes your CCPA/CPRA rights and explains how to exercise those rights.
Access to Specific Information and Data Portability Rights
You have the right to request that we disclose certain information to you about our collection and use of your personal information over the past 12 months. Once we receive and confirm your verifiable consumer request, we will disclose to you:
- The categories of personal information we collected about you.
- The categories of sources for the personal information we collected about you.
- Our business or commercial purpose for collecting or selling that personal information.
- The categories of third parties with whom we share that personal information.
- The specific pieces of personal information we collected about you (also called a data portability request).
- If we sold or disclosed your personal information for a business purpose, two separate lists disclosing:
- sales, identifying the personal information categories that each category of recipient purchased; and
- disclosures for a business purpose, identifying the personal information categories that each category of recipient obtained.
Right to Correct
You have the right to request that we correct inaccurate personal information regarding the information you provide us.
Do Not Sell or Share My Information
If you qualify under applicable law, you have the right to opt out of sale of your personal information to a third party or to opt out of sharing of your personal information for cross contextual behavioral advertising. Please note that this does not stop us from distributing this information within our organization across business units. Additionally, your right to opt out does not stop all transfers to third parties as we can continue to provide your personal information to our service providers pursuant to a written contract that meets requirements within the CCPA/CPRA. Furthermore, we can continue to provide data that does not meet the definition of personal information.
This right to opt out applies to all California consumers ages 16 or older and may be exercised at any time. We will honor all such requests unless you subsequently decide to opt-in to the sale of your personal information.
The sale of personal information does not include if you direct us to interact with a third party, any third party alerts that you have opted out of, the sharing of information is necessary to perform a business purpose and meets the other conditions specified, or the information is transferred as part of an asset in a merger, acquisition, bankruptcy or other change of control event.
If you wish to exercise your right to opt out, please submit a request via E-Mail: email@example.com or phone: 855-422-5370
We will honor your request for twelve (12) months before we ask you to opt-in to the sale of your personal information.
Right to Access Information on Automated Decision-Making
You have the right to access information collected through automated decision-making and the explanation behind our collection. Additionally, you can opt-out of our use of automated decision-making related to your performance, health, behavior, reliability and location/movement.
Deletion Request Rights
You have the right to request that we delete any of your personal information that we collected from you and retained, subject to certain exceptions. Once we receive and confirm your verifiable consumer request, we will delete (and direct our service providers to delete) your personal information from our records, unless an exception applies.
We may deny your deletion request if retaining the information is necessary for us or our service providers to:
- Complete the transaction for which we collected the personal information, provide a good or service that you requested, take actions reasonably anticipated within the context of our ongoing business relationship with you, or otherwise perform our contract with you;
- Detect security incidents, protect against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity, or prosecute those responsible for such activities;
- Debug products to identify and repair errors that impair existing intended functionality.
- Exercise free speech, ensure the right of another consumer to exercise their free speech rights, or exercise another right provided for by law;
- Comply with the California Electronic Communications Privacy Act (Cal. Penal Code § 1546 seq.);
- Engage in public or peer-reviewed scientific, historical, or statistical research in the public interest that adheres to all other applicable ethics and privacy laws, when the information’s deletion may likely render impossible or seriously impair the research’s achievement, if you previously provided informed consent;
- Enable solely internal uses that are reasonably aligned with consumer expectations based on your relationship with us;
- Comply with a legal obligation; and
- Make other internal and lawful uses of that information that are compatible with the context in which you provided it.
Exercising Access, Data Portability, Correction and Deletion Rights
To exercise the access, data portability, opt out, and deletion rights described above, please submit a verifiable consumer request to us in one of the following ways:
By E-Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
By phone: 602-272-6000
Or contact us in writing at:
MMI Tank, Inc.
3240 S. 37th Avenue
Phoenix, AZ 85009
Only you or a person registered with the California Secretary of State that you authorize to act on your behalf, may make a verifiable consumer request related to your personal information. You may also make a verifiable consumer request on behalf of your minor child.
You may only make a verifiable consumer request for access or data portability twice within a 12-month period. The verifiable consumer request must:
- Provide sufficient information that allows us to reasonably verify you are the person about whom we collected personal information or an authorized representative; and
- Describe your request with sufficient detail that allows us to properly understand, evaluate, and respond to it.
We cannot respond to your request or provide you with personal information if we cannot verify your identity or authority to make the request and confirm the personal information relates to you. Making a verifiable consumer request does not require you to create an account with us. We will only use personal information provided in a verifiable consumer request to verify the requestor’s identity or authority to make the request.
Response Timing and Format
We endeavor to respond to a verifiable consumer request within forty-five (45) days of its receipt. If we require more time (up to 90 days), we will inform you of the reason and extension period in writing. If you have an account with us, we will deliver our written response to that account. If you do not have an account with us, we will deliver our written response by mail or electronically, at your option. Any disclosures we provide will only cover the 12-month period preceding the verifiable consumer request’s receipt. The response we provide will also explain the reasons we cannot comply with a request, if applicable. For data portability requests, we will select a format to provide your personal information that is readily useable and should allow you to transmit the information from one entity to another entity without hindrance.
We do not charge a fee to process or respond to your verifiable consumer request unless it is excessive, repetitive, or manifestly unfounded. If we determine that the request warrants a fee, we will tell you why we made that decision and provide you with a cost estimate before completing your request.
10. How Long We Retain Your Information
We retain personal information about you for as long as necessary to provide you the MMI Services. In some cases, we retain personal information for longer, if doing so is necessary to comply with our legal obligations, or as otherwise permitted by applicable law. Afterwards, we retain some information in a de-identified and/or aggregated form but not in a way that would identify you personally.
11. Information Provided on Behalf of Children and Others
12. Third Party Web Services
14. Contact Us
By visiting this website or providing the Company with personal information, you agree to receiving communications by electronic means or other method at the sole discretion of the Company.
MMI Tank, Inc.
3240 S. 37th Avenue
Phoenix, AZ 85009